Wednesday 5 February 2014

Stories of Bike: The Jerkyls


A nicely edited film from Australia that does a good job of explaining my own attraction to racing flat track - racing a gang of mates for fun, sometimes at the back of the pack.
If I just had to sit in my van focussing on the next race or thinking about my gearing I wouldn't look forward to the racing half as much as I do when I know I'm going to have a laugh with a bunch of mates I met through racing but who now meet up when we're not at the the track. It's probably because a lot of these fellas are roughly the same age as me and got into racing when their youth was long gone.

By the way, this is what Aussies called dirt track, on knobblies, not traditional DT tryres. G

UPDATE: Read Andy Jerky;s story about racing in Sideburn 19.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cool to see us up on your blog thanks for posting. We run trials tyres on the rear knobby up front, the surface is a bit loose. Thanks again. The Jerkyls. (spell it right mate..)

Dan said...

Terrific. Nice little film.

Dr-Ogo said...

Everything about that is great.

Nick said...

Really Nice

Anonymous said...

Sweetness…that track could be in East Texas, BTW, and so could a bunch of guys like that! Very cool!

Captain Highside said...

Love it. Skooter Farm with two stroke oil!

JakeSnow said...

This is freaking brilliant. What a bunch of classic guys having a ton of fun. Jealous now!