Wednesday 18 July 2012

Jamie Self-Harm

Photobucket
My attempt at a Steve McQueen fence jump.
I was racing mr XR600 in the British Dirt Track Championship at Swindon and had to avoid a rider throttling off for a yellow flag incident ahead and ended up laying it down into the fence! Thought I'd got away with it but after pushing the bike off my foot it was kinda flopping about in the wrong direction so I just layed back down and waited for the medic! The paramedics and promoters were awesome and looked after me really well, got a titanium alloy nail in my right shin now and getting about ok. The bike was fine.
If I had decent boots instead of cheap speedway boots with no armour I reckon I'd have walked away.. Live and learn.
Anyway, thought you'd enjoy the animation my brother made of the crash pics!
Jamie #29



UPDATE: Jamie needs to buy himself a Broke Bone Patch. Good well soon Jamie. Chicks dig scars. G

9 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Bloody spectacular, I suspect your dear sibling was maxing out on the 'take the piss factor'. Get well mate.
P.S- None of my mates or I laughed while watching it . . . honestly, oh alright, just a bit.

Full Lock or Death!! #29 said...

Not the way I wanted to finish racing n 2012 but could have been a lot worse. Wasn't sure if the foot was going to come off with the boot at the track when they pulled it off!
Thank f*ck for entonox.. ;)

Jamie

Anonymous said...

i didnt even realise we had a meeting at swindon!!.

Full Lock or Death!! #29 said...

Wasn't STUK Stevie! Was the British Dirt Track Championship which is mainly quads, I was racing in the MX/short track support class.

PS Swindon is EPIC. Very fast grippy track.. (hard fences though!) ;)

Dr-Ogo said...

Jamie! Oh man, not again....bad luck fella, heal quick ( err, no pun intented ).
Drogo

Nick said...

OUCH!! hope you heal quickly

Full Lock or Death!! #29 said...

Thanks for the well wishes, feeling a lot better, getting about ok now should be walking again in a few weeks. :)

Jamie

Unknown said...

yeah would love to ride swindon too.
jus not the boards!.
welcome to the bone crunchers club, the list is growin every day!.
heal quick m8.

Full Lock or Death!! #29 said...

Cheers dude