Tuesday 24 April 2012

Neo Gothic

Ancillaries that were once rocking horse shit oddities, are now mass-produced catalogue parts. At the click of a mouse you too can buy a previously unobtanium mudguard / tank / seat / light. Faux vintage spray-on rust - what next? The previous genuine antique NSU Max rear light my XS used to sport got shaken to death, so I need a replacement (not obligatory for Dirt Quake chopper racing, but I plan to put this bike back on the road after the event). Current contenders are a Brat Style pussycat light ( eBay is over-run with repros) or this B&Q semi-detached Munsters special. BP

8 comments:

Harley said...

Nice flicker effect lightbulb in there to complete the image perhaps?

Nick said...

Munsters!! Go for it

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LC8awesomeness said...

Reckon if I ever built a chopper I'd go for weird shit like on Mexican busses...how's about a plastic dolls ass with sphyncter mounted LED?

OK, maybe not...

Sideburn Magazine said...

LC8 this 15 (click on photo) was my prototype bunny botty rear light. BP

747 said...

go old school and put a torch on their

LC8awesomeness said...

RE: Bunny bott- Nice one Ben, ahead of the game...reckon for ultimate class: a small servo motor to spread cheeks/contort face too'd be the way to go!

Hell, might have to rig something up for my superduke (tho I'd like a Mutley off Wacky Races with "yuk, yuk" sound effects too)
MOTable? Hmmm...worth a go.

Sideburn Magazine said...

where can you buy that aerosol cobweb stuff?
And does anybody make a 12V dry-ice machine I wonder? Still so much to do!
BP