Monday 23 January 2012

I like the Isle of Man

I'm writing something for the mighty Cycle World today, but I have a post-Verona man-flu hangover and I keep getting distracted. It doesn't help when the Isle of Man press office sends out a photo like this. It's young Englishman James Hillier, at Ballaugh. Looking at the shadows, I'd say it was evening practice.

Photo: Stephen Davison. G
[If anyone from Cycle World is reading this, don't worry, I'll get it finished]
That's three posts on the trot where I've used the word Like. I'm a liker, not a fighter. I also have a head full of mashed potato. Apologies. If you want great writing, buy the mag.

8 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Utterly amazing how the shot gives you no idea of the actual speed he's travelling at, terrific pic. Good luck with the ghastly greens.

Anonymous said...

everyone should go there once, even if your not into bikes!.

Nick said...

Meant to great place for trail riding

Harley said...

Moved to the island 18 months ago and now I'm wondering why I waited so long!

And it is a great place for trail riding, everything from the proverbial gentle green lane to experts only rock steps.

Harley said...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the photo is Stephen Davison's work.

Steve said...

move to the Isle of Man..and leave this Manchester S... H... behind?,whats not to like..light bulb starts to glow in a dim mans head.

747 said...

im on my way

-|Giannis~SpeedJunkies|- said...

Ill Be there This summer, Who Else is going?