Monday 28 September 2009

Treviso Style, Italy


Ben's just taught me how to make montages in Photoshop, so you're going to be sick of them soon. Anyway, as I was saying, a fantastic 24 hours in Italy. Photographer and all-round bike nut Alberto Narduzzi offered to put me up at his place. It's always better to do that than stay in a hotel - even if you've never even spoken to the person. I didn't realise how cool it would be. Alberto's house (above) is like something out of Elle Decoration, but with added motorcycles. Alberto turned up to meet me at the airport on a beaten-up old BMW 100/7 (loads of cool Italian guys have beaten-up old BMWs). He took me to his house, brought out the cheese and beer, let me snoop through his books and stuff. Then, as he had a meeting, gave me the keys to BMW to investigate nearby Treviso. It's a deathtrap, but still kind of him. God knows how he did 8000km in this past August on it. And it took him to the Isle of Man TT and back earlier in the year.
When we met up again we visited an underground car park that is the lair of Mr Borgini, a former racer and now a classic bike mechanic. Incredible what you find in underground car parks.
Then we went for drinks in a fantastic bar, met Raffaele from the Streettracker blogspot and went for a meal in a restaurant not changed since the 1970s. Fantastico! Thanks Alberto. GI

No comments: