Friday 6 March 2009

A long day


Yesterday, I got up at 5 to ride to the other side of Heathrow, 130 miles, to drop off a bunch of mags to be shipped to Fork Co, Japan (they're in the red sack). Tom of Fork is our new Japanese distributor. He's taken a bunch of issue 1 and 2, so if you want any issue 1 you've got to be quick.

It was so cold, that without heated kit, I had to stop on the M25 to give my hands time to start working again.
Then it was 18 miles over to King's Cross for a day's work. Then met up with fellow short track racer Ben Miller, who was also working in London, before going to see the Jim Jones Revue. I'm actually listening to them doing a live session on Tom Robinson's BBC 6 Music show right now. Do a search and listen again.
Reviewers had been getting pretty excited about their live shows. And they were good, incredibly loud, but not the best thing ever. If they come to your town, definitely go see them, though.

Photo: GI Splicing: BP

I went on my own, but bumped into a photographer I'd worked with, whose mate plays guitar in the JJ Revue. The photographer is Sam Barker. Sam looks like a football hooligan, a real geezer with a skinhead, but he's brilliant and shoots for high end clients. This is his portfolio
Then it was another 110 miles home in sub-zero temps. Got home at 1.30. Knackered and fearing my thumbs were frost-bitten. GI

2 comments:

t said...

motos are fun when you actually use them for transportation and the weather sucks. I don't have a car.. and it rains a lot here so I know how you feel

Austin said...

gutted that i missed the gig, didnt get into london until late so by the time i woulda made it to the venue it would have been all over. went to a heavy metal boozer in holloway instead which was nice!