Sunday 31 August 2008

The Wainfleet Mega Bowl Invitational Classic

Track prep

Goat

We need a bigger banner

GI - Hard from the start

GI - On his arse.

The adrenaline has worn off and my right foot is hurting like hell. I was one of the chosen few to ride at the Wainfleet Mega Bowl for the £10,000 prize money. The occasion went to my head. And like I always try, I went hard from the start. In practice I was on my arse three times, then hit a fence post on the start-finish straight with my foot. The Mega Bowl is a mean track that doesn't suffer fools gladly. I didn't stand a chance. I qualified sixth, or second to last, on Boastie's Chinese cracker. The heat races were a clever knock-out system that was almost gladitorial. Only the heat winner went through so Trappy and I rode 12-lappers back to back until we could breathe.
Professional speedway rider Andy Moore won the cheque and champagne, handed over by Gemma, the lady mayoress of Wainfleet All Saints, Lincolnshire. Peter Boast was second. Local favourtie Justin H came in third.

1 comment:

Austin said...

when was this? if I'd known it was happening I woulda come and watched, it looks mental